We are UBC’s Shared Research Platform for Upright Open MRI research: a full-service facility for translational MR imaging.
- We are a team of engineers and scientists with a passion for imaging and health research.
- We welcome researchers new to, or experienced with, MRI.
- We can assist you with study design, MRI protocol development, custom pulse sequences, MRI scanning, quantitative image analysis, and tri-council funding applications.
- We support academic, government, and industry research.
The Upright Open MRI is a UBC Shared Research Platform funded in part by the Faculty of Medicine, the Centre for Aging SMART, and the Office of the Vice-President, Research & Innovation.
The Upright Open MRI Shared Research Platform Steering Committee members provide advice to the Vice-President, Research and Innovation, and to staff, to ensure good governance and the sustainability of the platform.
- David Wilson, Professor, Scientific Advisor
- Amy Phillips, Research Engineer, Shared Research Platform Manager
- Rachel Fernandez, Associate VP Research & Innovation
- Bruce Forster, Professor, Representative, Faculty of Medicine
- Danmei Liu, Research Engineer, Representative, Centre for Aging SMART
- Piotr Kozlowski, Associate Professor, Representative, MRI Research Community